The San Mateo County History Museum’s Noah’s Ark: San Mateo’s Historic Restaurant runs through April 15.
The Restaurant was originally opened by Noah William’s an entrepreneur in the city of San Mateo in 1920. Noah William’s was a former railroad chef, who established Noah’s Cafeteria at 139 South B Street. The restaurant was famous for its baked ham, fried chicken and impressive décor.
The exhibit will feature paintings of African animals that hung on the walls including a nine-foot tall painting of a giraffe.
The exhibit will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 2200 Broadway, Redwood City.
Photo Courtesy of San Mateo County History Museum Facebook Page