A series of lightning-caused fires across San Mateo and Santa Cruz counties prompted evacuation orders Tuesday.
The fires had burned about 1,000 acres as of early Tuesday evening, with zero percent containment. Cal Fire has issued evacuation orders to these areas:
- Loma Mar / Dearborn Park Area (Zone SMC E018)
- Pescadero Creek County Park Area (Zone SMC E024)
- Butano Community Area (Zone SMC E098)
- Butano State Park area including Barranca Knolls Community (Zone SMC E019)
- Butano Creek Drainage (Zone SMC E055)
Pescadero High School at 360 Butano Cutoff has opened as an evacuation center.
Click here for information and assistance in evacuations.
Pescadero Creek, Memorial and Sam McDonald parks are closed due to an active fire, according to San Mateo County Parks.
Cal Fire San Mateo-Santa Cruz Unit is calling the series of brush blazes the CZU August Lightning Complex fires. They are among a number of fires statewide, as shown on Cal Fire’s incident map.
Photo credit: Cal Fire San Mateo-Santa Cruz Unit